As the racing season ends for 2017, many of us are already looking forward to 2018. But what about all the motorcycles from the racing paddock? Well, buying Richard Cooper’s practice bike is fairly cool. But buying the bike which took pole position and the fastest lap at the final round of the British Supersport championship at Brand Hatch? That’s got to be cooler. And it’s entirely possible, with Joe Collier’s British Supersport Triumph Daytona for sale right now.
The 2016 Triumph Daytona 675R was built for James Jackson Racing for Collier to race in 2016, and finished in fifth and sixth at the final two rounds of the series. So it’s a potential British Supersport-winning machine if you’re so inclined, and talented enough. Or enough to inspire jealousy at lower levels of racing and track days.
As you’d expect, there’s quite a list of kit which will be supplied with the bike. The Triumph is built to a similar specification as the World Supersport championship, but runs with the required British Superbike control Motec ECU and Milspec wiring loom.
And while injury and other circumstances meant Collier only rode the Triumph at the final round, he was busy wrapping up the 2017 Ducati Cup earlier in the year.
So the good news is that you could buy a potential national championship winner. The bad news is that it will set you back £22,495. Which is still pretty reasonable when you remember it’s a pure race machine for less than a new family car with a reasonable spec.
And the Triumph certainly has a spec list.
- British Supersport spec Motec M130 ECU with enabled level 3 pro logging (This was a £1k extra when new, logs more inputs at a faster data rate and allows you to use the Motec pro level software for data analysis)
- SDL3 Dash in protective case
- Full Milspec wiring loom, Strain Gauge Quickshifter, Pro race level GPS, logging on multiple parameters.
- Fully refreshed John Trigger tuned engine
- Bora large Radiator and oil cooler
- Titanium exhaust system with custom Scorpion end can
- Ohlins factory supported Suspension Front and Rear
- Ohlins Steering Damper
- Thumb operated rear brake
- Brembo Race Discs
- Hel custom Brakelines
- Factory Spec Airtube and Duct
- Wets on wheels with Brembo front disc
- Full suite of front and rear sprockets
And it’s worth noting that John Trigger has been a respected tuner for quite a while, working for race teams over many years, and also supplying engines to the World Supersport team of Luke Stapleford.
Check out Joe Collier’s British Supersport Triumph Daytona for sale on eBay right now, and tell me you aren’t tempted!